Download lessersoundapp-Share and Enjoy!
Updated: Dec 03, 2011
Size: 3.7 MB
Languages: English, German
Seller: inter.net2day GmbH
© inter.net2day GmbH
Noise Hunter is the most high-grade sound level meter (decibel meter) in the App Store. Thanks to the integrated avatar – a virtual advisor – it allows everybody to objectively judge noise. The app transforms each iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into a high-quality measuring device featuring a lot of practice-oriented functions. Usually you will find such capabilities only in high-priced devices.
The extensive calibration makes the app’s high accuracy (*) possible. High-quality calibration data for most devices and their internal microphone (partly for other microphones, too) is already delivered with the app. Additionally regularily updated and extended calibration tables can be downloaded cost-free over the internet. Beyond that, experts may use the „device adjustment“ to optimize their device’s accuracy even more.
Besides the momentary sound level in dB(A), dB(C) or dB(SPL) special measuring programs allow to evaluate even more complex noise scenarios. The so-called Equivalent Continuous Sound Pressure Level will show the amount of noise a person is permanently exposed to on average although the momentary values vary. At the push of a button another measuring program evaluates the background noise level.
For those who would like to have some more support in using the app (although the app is intuitive and very easy to use) or some more information concerning the subject „sound level measurement“ amongst others the app provides an extensive information package with „Help“, „Understanding dB“, „Examples of Use“ or „Technical Spec“.
Survey of the most striking characteristics of the app:
• Avatar support. At present, the extendable avatar solely supports the aspects of potential health hazards,
• The user interface emulates a real-world metering device,
• Frequency weightings „A“, „C“ and non-weighted,
• Time weightings „Fast“ and „Slow“,
• Integrated FFT („Fast Fourier Transform“) supporting lengths 1024, 2048, 4096 and 8192 samples,
• Display update rate selectable,
• Statistical functions like minimum level, maximum level, margin of deviation and arithmetic average level,
• Various graphic displays like sound level progression, frequency spectrum and statistics,
• Special calibrations for all internal and (depending on the device) for further microphones are already included in the app,
• Further and improved calibrations can be loaded at any time cost-free over the internet,
• Sound pressure recordings can be saved on the device (archive) and/or can be sent by email e.g. for further processing on a desktop computer. Recording time may be up to 8 hours (at a rate of 1/second),
• Measuring program “Background Level”
• Measuring program “Peak Level”
• Measuring program “Time-Average Level”
• Measuring program “Percentile Level with variable value”
• many other configuration options,
• many background information concerning noise and explanations of measuring programs and of available settings.
Currently, Noise Hunter supports the languages English and German.
(*) Depending on what is technically feasible on iOS devices.
Despite our best efforts to calibrate every iOS device type and every microphone type, it cannot be guaranteed that the measured and displayed values exactly match the real dB values. Hence inter·net2day assumes no liability for any direct or indirect damages which are or might be caused by the use of the app.